August 13, 2019
On August 1, 2019 We Stand With Seniors hosted California’s Master Plan for Aging: Understanding Voters’ Views and the Policy Implications in Sacramento to discuss recent survey results that found California voters want the state to meet the many challenges facing older adults and their families. With more than 120 Capitol staff, committee staff and stakeholders in attendance, WSWS shared findings from the survey showing seven out of 10 voters support the state’s investment and implementation of the Master Plan for Aging.
A panel discussion followed exploring the polling and actions the state needs to take by policymakers to ensure Californians are able to access supportive services. Speakers included:
- Shelley Lyford, President and CEO of West Health
- Bruce Chernof, MD, President and CEO of The SCAN Foundation
- Richard Figueroa, Deputy Cabinet Secretary, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Kevin Prindiville, Executive Director, Justice in Aging
- Christina Mills, Executive Director, California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
- Justin Wallin, CEO, J Wallin Opinion Research
In case you missed it, watch and share the recording.