April 24, 2019
In February 2019, We Stand With Seniors hosted a Capitol screening of Lives Well Lived, a documentary film celebrating the experiences of seniors through their intimate memories and inspiring personal histories. This visual reminder of the fruitful and insightful experiences of older adults serves to remind Californians that this population deserves recognition and dignity in aging.
In the panel discussion following the film screening, an expert panel discusses the challenges facing the state, and how a comprehensive Master Plan for Aging must address the needs of older adults and their families.
- Assemblymember Ash Kalra, Former Chair, Assembly Committee on Aging and Long-Term Care
- Sky Bergman, Filmmaker & Director, Lives Well Lived
- Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian, Chair, Assembly Committee on Aging and Long-Term Care
- Bruce Chernof, President & CEO, The SCAN Foundation
- Shelley Lyford, President & CEO, West Health
- California State Treasurer Fiona Ma
- Zach Gassoumis, Research Assistant Professor, University of Southern California’s Leonard Davis School of Gerontology